Getting to know a stranger is a thrilling feat – especially if you feel a romantic connection with the person. Most of the time, however, questions like “What’s your favorite color?” and “Where do you work?” simply don’t do it for us.
Most of us want to understand the other person better, ask them things that can show their true colors and insights into how they perceive the world.
This is why I have compiled a list of 100 get-to-know-each-other questions for couples that can help you see the other person in a different light.
Moreover, it doesn’t matter if your relationship is just starting out or if you’ve been together for a while. There is always something new and intriguing to learn about the other, so don’t be shy and ask away!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you sign up or make a purchase I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my business. See full disclosure.
When Is The Best Time To Ask These Questions
You obviously wouldn’t want to ask these questions on a busy Monday morning. There’s nothing wrong with asking questions at any time, but keep in mind that you will need some time to discuss whatever topic you just opened. There might be hidden stories you have to hear or tell, so choosing the best time to have that conversation is important.
The best time to ask these get-to-know-each-other questions would be on a late afternoon when you have nothing else planned but some quality time together. Don’t forget to listen and ask more questions. It is okay to keep one topic going for half an hour if it’s interesting enough. You will get to the next question some other time.
A great bonus would be a cup of hot chocolate or a glass of the favorite drink and some snacks. Snuggle close to your loved one and ask any of the questions below.
100 Get to know each other questions for couples
1. Do you have siblings, and if you do, do you have a good relationship with them?
2. Can you describe what your perfect vacation would look like?
3. What are some personality traits that you really dislike in people?
4. How would you rate your confidence level? Why do you think the way you do?
5. What’s your proudest moment in life so far?
6. Do you have a perfect version of yourself? What does it look like?
7. Do you feel like you missed out on any life experiences?
8. What kind of environment makes you feel the most authentic?
9. Do you play any instruments? If not, which one would you like to learn?
10. Do you speak any foreign languages? Which language would you like to learn (if any)?
11. What is the best compliment you have received that made you feel good about yourself?
12. Why did you stop talking to some of your best friends? Do you think you can still reconnect with them?
13. Do you believe in superstitions and higher powers?
14. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
15. What is your most embarrassing drunk story?
Questions To Get To Know Your Loved One Better
16. Are you happy with the people in your life? Why?
17. If you had to pick another country to live in for three months, which one would it be and why?
18. Do you believe in rebirth? What do you think happens after death?
19. What is (or was) your relationship with your grandparents?
20. If you had to pick one motto for your life, what would it be?
21. What’s your favorite object in the house?
22. What is the most random and senseless purchase you absolutely love?
23. If you could go back in time, what would you advise your teenager self?
24. What piece of art (movie, book, play) would you love to experience for the first time again?
25. Are you kind to yourself?
26. Do you consider yourself a good friend?
27. What do you think the meaning of life is? What is your personal opinion?
28. How petty are you willing to get if someone really gets on your nerves?
29. What are the top 3 most attractive traits a person can have?
30. If you could scream something as loud for everyone on Earth to hear, what would it be?
Thought-Prooking Questions For Couples
31. What does your morning routine look like? How about the evening one?
32. If you could have one skill mastered to perfection, what would it be?
33. Who is the most annoying person you know?
34. What has the power to calm you down after you had a bad day?
35. What is your worst trait that you wish to work on?
36. What are the things you seek from a romantic relationship?
37. What small pleasures do you like to indulge in when you have free time?
38. Are you good at reading people and understanding nonverbal cues?
39. Are you an optimist about your future? Why?
40. Which subjects did you hate and love the most in school?
41. Do you have a story so crazy that people can’t believe you when you tell it?
42. Which periods of your life have you struggled through the most?
43. Who are your role models? Why?
44. When have you felt the most alive?
45. What things do you worry about the most?
Seamingly Unimportant Quesitons That Show You Who The Other Person Is
46. What’s your biggest fear?
47. How do you feel about the technological advancements and how society changes?
48. Do you think the world is improving or it’s getting worse?
49. What is the best gift you have ever received? Why?
50. What was the hardest lesson you learned?
51. Do you hate someone?
52. Do you want to have children in the future?
53. What would your ideal family life look like?
54. What has been the most heartening reality check you had to go through?
55. Has anyone ever told you some words of wisdom that managed to get you through some dark times?
56. How well do you think you know yourself?
57. What do you consider to be your best trait?
58. Are you easy to forgive?
59. If given a choice, where would you live – in the countryside or the big city?
60. What is the thing you love most about nature?
Serious Questions To Get To Know your Loved One
61. Are you a cat or a dog person?
62. Are you content with your career path, or do you wish you chose differently?
63. If you had to watch one movie for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
64. What is the one thing that makes you lose your faith in humanity?
65. What is the best way to “treat yourself”?
66. Do you suffer from any biases? What are they?
67. Is there something you never shared with anyone else? If comfortable, can you tell me about it?
68. What is the first thing you would do if you had an unlimited supply of money?
69. What was your favorite toy growing up?
70. What do you enjoy doing most when you’re home alone?
71. Is there something you would like to be remembered for?
72. Do you believe in fate?
73. What’s the thing most people are afraid of, but you aren’t?
74. If you were to open a business one day, what would it be about?
75. What is the one thing you can’t start your day without?
76. If you were on a desert island, what is the thing you would miss the most from civilization?
77. What is your favorite physical feature of yourself?
78. What do you consider to be your weakness?
79. Have you ever lied about something important?
80. Who would you choose to write your biography?
Last Get To Know Each Other Questions For Couples
81. What is your favorite animal? What is your least favorite animal?
82. What is the thing that disgusts you the most?
83. When was the last time you cried?
84. What is the most awkward situation in which you have ever found yourself?
85. Do you have any regrets in life?
86. Are you easy to trust people?
87. What has been the most stressful time of your life? How did you handle it?
88. Are you quick to change your opinions?
89. What questions do you think people should ask more often?
90. What is your favorite season and time of the day?
91. How well do you operate when put under immense pressure?
92. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
93. What would your perfect partner look like – both physically and mentally?
94. Do you believe in conspiracy theories, and if yes, which one is your favorite?
95. Do you believe that people are capable of changing?
96. What are the things you are grateful for the most?
97. What is the biggest favor anyone has ever asked from you?
98. What is the thing you’ve been procrastinating for a while but know you should get to doing soon?
99. What is the most extreme sport you are willing to try out?
100. If you end up in prison, how well do you think you’ll handle it?
Which ones of these get-to-know-each-other questions for couples are you excited to ask or answer first? Would you skip on some of them, and do they actually give you a better understanding of what type of person you are falling in love with?
Save this post for later
100 Though-Provoking Get To Know Each Other Questions For Couples
Blogger, dreamer, procrastinator, and lover of everything soul-touching. My mission is to make you laugh, provoke your thoughts, light up your day and inspire you to fall in love with life and yourself.